Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Atrial fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation is a condition which concerns over 2 million Americans directly, and another several million indirectly.

It came to visit last Friday.

There's a fluttering of the heart.   It's enough to make one pause; generally it lasts for a few seconds, then the regular heartbeat returns.  If it lasts longer, one might seek advice.  If nothing else, one gets a couple of nights in a hospital, where there are supportive people taking every effort to make one comfortable.

A-Fib is not to be taken lightly.  It could result in severe consequences, such as stroke, if not controlled.

No pain.

With proper medication, no problem.

Obviously.

(whew!)

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

  1. Get better. I keep checking up on you. Gently reading your posts. Enjoy this beautiful weather.

    I have something for you over at my site. I know it's silly, but what the heck. I always cared about everything you said when you were my creative writing teacher at Franklin. I hope you can participate.

    ReplyDelete